|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Oldboy Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Explicit depictions of stabbing and shooting.
- Violent acts shown in with realistic detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Graphic portrayals of torture and brutality.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Explicit gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent brutal gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, sometimes in the context of torture or suicide, with blood and wound detail.
- Portrayals of sexual activity with breast and buttock nudity, along with some detail.
- Infrequent buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Sexual references, language and innuendo.
- Crude content
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, vulgar expressions, and sexual slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
- Detailed alcohol and substance abuse.