Why is Not Fade Away rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Not Fade Away is rated R for for pervasive language, some drug use and sexual content.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Depiction of fighting and vehicular violence, with little blood, some detail.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity with breast nudity and some detail.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Crude content.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language and references.
- Infrequent crude references to bodily functions.
Approximately 66 instances of coarse language including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Nine instances of sexual language.
- Frequent use of ethno-cultural and sexual slurs in a period context.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Portrayal of illegal drug use (marijuana) in a recreational context.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Tobacco use.
|British Columbia||14A||Coarse Language, Sexually Suggestive Scene, Nudity.|
|Alberta||14A||Crude Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse.|
|Manitoba||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse.|
|Quebec||G||Not Recommended For Young Children.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|