Why is Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) is rated R for
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent depictions of violent deaths (some blood and gruesome detail shown).
- Frequent grotesque and nightmarish images.
- Use of mild sexual language and references.
- Sexual activity implied (no nudity or detail shown).
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in non-sexual contexts.
- Use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
|British Columbia||Not Rated|
|Canadian Home Video|