Why is A Nightmare on Elm Street rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: A Nightmare on Elm Street is rated R for for strong bloody horror violence, disturbing images, terror and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Visually explicit portrayals of gruesome deaths.
- Frequent disturbing scenes.
- Frequent detailed images that are gory and grotesque.
- Six scenes of explicit violence depicting throat-slitting, stabbing and mutilation.
-Implied child abuse.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Substance abuse.
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Manitoba||18A||Gory Scenes, Violence.|
|Ontario||18A||Coarse Language, Violence, Gory Scenes.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|