Why is Movie 43 rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Movie 43 is rated R for for strong pervasive crude and sexual content including dialogue, graphic nudity, language, some violence and drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with blood and detail.
- Depictions of beating, shooting, dismemberment and explosion.
- Several scenes of nudity, depicting breasts, buttocks and pubic region, in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Detailed offensive scenes.
- Embracing, kissing and fondling.
- Frequent crude and detailed portrayals of bodily functions (including a scene of crude content depicting feces).
- Frequent aggressive sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, many in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, as well as sexual, ethno-cultural, and developmental slurs.
- Frequent and detailed use of crude, descriptive sexual language, vulgar expressions and references.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Substance abuse.
- Depiction of drug use (marijuana).
|British Columbia||14A||Coarse and Sexual Language, Sexually Suggestive Scene, Nudity.|
|Alberta||18A||Crude Coarse Language, Sexual Content.|
|Manitoba||14A||Violence, Crude Content, Sexual Content, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||18A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content|
|Quebec||16+||Eroticism, Vulgar Language.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|