Why is The Messenger rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Messenger is rated R for for language and some sexual content/nudity.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Scene of violence depicting slapping.
- Occasional disturbing scenes.
-Verbal references to war violence.
- Nudity shown in a non-sexual context.
- Full frontal nudity (buttocks and breasts shown) in a sexual situation.
- Implied and simulated sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing, kissing and fondling.
-Approximately 61 instances of strong aggressive coarse language.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Alcohol abuse.
|British Columbia||14A||Sexually Suggestive Scenes, Coarse Language.|
|Alberta||14A||Coarse Language, Nudity, Sexual Content.|
|Manitoba||14A||Mature Theme, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|