Why is The Master rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Master is rated R for for sexual content, graphic nudity and language
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of mild violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Detailed female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Portrayals of sexual activity with breast and buttock nudity shown..
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions, ethno-cultural slurs, and sexual language.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol abuse.
|British Columbia||14A||Sexually Suggestive Scenes, Coarse and Sexual Language.|
|Alberta||14A||Coarse Language, Nudity, Sexual Content.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended For Children, Sexual Content, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Nudity, Sexual Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|