|Video Release:||21 Feb 2012|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Martha, Marcy, May, Marlene Rated R?
- Brief non-explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of violence, some in a coercive context (some blood shown).
- Explicit violence acts shown in a realistic manner with blood and detail.
- Portrayal of sexual assault (no nudity, but some detail shown).
- Disturbing scenes.
- Depictions of shooting, stabbing and slapping.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Three scenes of nudity, depicting breasts and buttocks, in non-sexual contexts.
- Portrayals of sexual activity with brief breast nudity and some detail.
- Sexual violence.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- One instance of sexual language.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, sexual references and cursing.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.