|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom Rated PG-13?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-explicit violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Depictions of beating, shooting and burning.
- Theme of racism.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence in a context of civil unrest (some involving children), with little blood and detail.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Infrequent sexually suggestive scenes, with no detail.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
- Frequent use of ethno-cultural slurs in a historical context.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent tobacco use.