|Video Release:||23 Oct 2012|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Magic Mike Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence (fighting).
- Frequent use of crude and sexual language and references.
- Several scenes of nudity, depicting breasts, buttocks and genitalia, in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Nudity in a sexual situation.
- Frequent sexually suggestive scenes, often in a strip club context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of expletives and coarse language (approximately 220 instances).
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in sexual contexts.<->
- Frequent use of scatological slang and profanity
- Limited use of slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Alcohol abuse.
- Three scenes of drug use involving marijuana, GHB and ecstasy.
- Frequent tobacco use.