Why is Looper rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Looper is rated R for for strong violence, language, some sexuality/nudity and drug content.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence, with realistic detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent hand-to-hand and weapons violence, sometimes involving children (some blood and detail shown).
- Depictions of shooting, fighting, beating, mutilation and explosion.
- Disturbing scenes and grotesque images.
- Breast nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Nudity in sexual situation.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Mild sexual references.
- Crude content.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and profanity.
- Infrequent use of cursing and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent portrayals of drug use and substance abuse.