Why is Lone Survivor rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Lone Survivor is rated R for for strong bloody war violence and pervasive language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Explicit gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapon, and hand-to-hand violence, with blood, gore and some detail.
- Frequent depictions of beating, shooting, stabbing and explosions.
- Frequent portrayals of wound damage with blood and some detail.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Infrequent use of crude sexual language.
- Mild sexual references.
Approximately 180 instances of coarse language including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in non-sexual contexts.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of profanity, cursing and vulgar expressions.