Why is Let Me In rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Let Me In is rated R for for strong bloody violence, language and a brief sexual situation.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief portrayals of graphic violence
- Acts of violence shown in a realistic manner, with details of blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent hand-to-hand and weapons violence, sometimes involving children (blood and detail shown).
- Several scenes of violence depicting beating, stabbing, self mutilation and burning.
- Several scenes depicting mutilated corpses.
- Frequent portrayals of intense bullying involving children
- Infrequent depictions of gruesome deaths, including gory and grotesque images.
- Occasional disturbing scenes.
- Brief breast shown in a sexual situation.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and profanity.
- Infrequent use of slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Some substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.