|Video Release:||26 Mar 2013|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Killing Them Softly Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Brutal violence.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand combat and weapons use, with some blood and detail shown.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with details, blood and tissue damage.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Depictions of torture.
- Depictions of beating and shooting.
- Disturbing Scenes.
- Frequent use of coarse sexual language and references.
- Scene of nudity (depicting buttocks) in a sexual context.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
Approximately 240 instances of coarse language: including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, many in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and profanity.
- Infrequent use of developmental, ethno-cultural, and sexual slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- References to and portrayals of drug use, including heroine use.
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
- Detailed alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.