Why is The Kids Are Alright rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Kids Are Alright is rated R for for strong sexual content, nudity, language and some teen drug and alcohol use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Occasional disturbing scenes.
- Portrayals of mild violence.
- Sexually suggestive scenes involving buttock nudity and some detail.
- Breasts nudity depicted in non-sexual contexts.
- Sexual activity is simulated and implied.
- Sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Approximately 50 instances of coarse language, including frequent use of the sexual expletive in sexual and non-sexual context, scatological slang and profanities.
- Crude sexual slurs and references.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Detailed portrayal of illegal drug use.
- Tobacco use.