Why is J. Edgar rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: J. Edgar is rated R for for brief strong language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of fighting, shooting, beating and explosion.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand conflict and weapons use (little blood or detail shown).
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of sexual slurs, mild sexual references, and profanity.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use.
|British Columbia||PG||Violence, Language May Offend.|
|Alberta||PG||Language May Offend.|
|Manitoba||PG||Not Recommended For Young Children,Violence, Language May Offend.|
|Ontario||PG||Mature Theme, Language May Offend.|
|Canadian Home Video||PG|