|Video Release:||21 Feb 2012|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is J. Edgar Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of fighting, shooting, beating and explosion.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand conflict and weapons use (little blood or detail shown).
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of sexual slurs, mild sexual references, and profanity.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use.