Why is Homefront rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Homefront is rated R for for strong violence, pervasive language, drug content and brief sexuality.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Frequent depictions of fighting, beating, shooting and stabbing, with some blood and detail.
- Explicit torture.
- Gory images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Sexually suggestive scene with brief nudity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references.
Approximately 190 instances of coarse language including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in aggressive contexts and once in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of and references to illegal drug use and manufacture.
- Two scenes of drug use involving methamphetamine.
- Detailed substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.