Why is The Hills Have Eyes II rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Hills Have Eyes II is rated R for for prolonged sequences of strong gruesome horror violence and gore, a rape and language
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and detailed portrayals of graphic violence and gory images (including corpses, blood and grotesque wounds).
- Depictions of violence involving guns, weapons, hand-to-hand conflict and sexual assault.
Frequent disturbing scenes.
- Portrayals of intense fear and psychological suffering
- Sexual references and innuendo
- Implied sexual activity including sexual assault
- Nudity in a non-sexual context
- Frequent coarse language, including the use of the sexual expletive (sometimes in a sexual context) and slurs.
(c)2007 One Voice Communications Ltd. All rights reserved.
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit and Sexual Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes.|
|Manitoba||18A||Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||18A||Brutal Violence, Coarse Language, Gory Scenes, DIsturbing Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|