Why is The Heat rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Heat is rated R for for pervasive language, strong crude content and some violence.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of beating, stabbing, shooting and explosion.
- Portrayals of gun, weapon, and hand-to-hand violence in a comedic context.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Detailed disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Crude content.
-Approximately 269 instances of coarse language including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
- Slurs/sexual references.
Drug & Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.