Why is Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay is rated R for for strong crude and sexual content, graphic nudity, pervasive language and drug use
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Infrequent gun and hand-to-hand violence (some blood shown).
- Depiction of a character getting shot.
- Depiction of a character on fire.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Portrayals of simulated sexual activities (breast and buttock nudity shown).
- Scenes depicting frontal nudity, buttocks and breasts in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual assault by coercion (few details shown).
- Frequent crude portrayals of bodily functions, some in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive (and variations), some in a sexual context.
- Abundant use of profanity (including scatological slang, and vulgar expressions).
- Frequent use of ethno-cultural slurs and derogatory remarks about sexual orientation.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent detailed portrayals of illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
- Use of alcohol and tobacco.