Why is Halloween II rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Halloween II is rated R for for strong brutal bloody violence throughout, terror, disturbing graphic images, language, and some crude sexual content and nudity.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent graphic violence and detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Brief portrayals of explicit violence.
- Frequent disturbing scenes, along with portrayals of intense fear and emotional suffering.
- Pervasive portrayals of violent deaths (blood, gore, and detailed wounds are shown).
- Breast nudity is shown in a non-sexual context.
- Partial or full nudity is seen in a brief sexual situation.
- Limited embracing and kissing
- Frequent use of crude sexual language and sexual slurs.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions,
- Slurs are used.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- References are made to drugs, alcohol and/or tobacco.
- Tobacco use.
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes.|
|Manitoba||18A||Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||18A||Brutal Violence, Coarse Language, Gory Scenes.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|