|Video Release:||07 Oct 2008|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Halloween (2007) Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent scenes of explicit violence including beatings, stabbings, mutilation, and murder.
- Gory depictions of dead and mutilated corpses, along with mutilated animals (blood and detail shown).
- Frequent gun and weapons use, as well as hand-to-hand combat (blood, gore and detailed wounds shown
- Portrayals of intense fear and psychological suffering.
- Graphic portrayals of torture.
- Frequent disturbing scenes and gory/grotesque images.
- Occasional gory/grotesque images
- Frequent upsetting or disturbing scenes
- Implied sexual activity with teen-aged characters (breast and buttock nudity shown).
- Brief instances of simulated sexual activity.
- Breast and buttock nudity shown in a violent context
- Nudity in both sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Use of crude and descriptive sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Frequent (about 45) uses of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of ethno-cultural slurs and derogatory references to sexual orientation.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Depiction of some tobacco use (smoking).