Why is The Grey rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Grey is rated R for for violence/disturbing content including bloody images, and for pervasive language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with details and blood.
- Depictions of fighting, shooting and mauling.
- Portrayal of a plane crash and a drowning;.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and animal violence, with blood and wound detail shown.
-Frequent portrayals of violent death, with blood and detail shown.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Detailed upsetting and/or disturbing scenes.
- Sexual references and crude sexual expressions.
- Infrequent embracing and kissing.
- Approximately 237 instances of coarse language.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, once in a sexual context,
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and cursing,
- Infrequent use of developmental, ethno-cultural, and sexual slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.