Why is The Ghost Writer rated PG-13?
Official MPAA Rating: The Ghost Writer is rated PG-13 for for language, brief nudity/sexuality, some violence and a drug reference.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of violence including depictions of shooting and punching (little blood or detail shown).
- One portrayal of torture (some detail shown).
- Mild sexual references and innuendo.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Embracing and kissing
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.
- Some substance abuse.
|British Columbia||PG||Coarse Language, Violence, Nudity.|
|Alberta||PG||Coarse Language, Violence.|
|Manitoba||PG||Language May Offend, Mature Theme.|
|Ontario||PG||Mature Theme, Language May Offend.|
|Canadian Home Video||PG|