Why is Gamer rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Gamer is rated R for for frenetic sequences of strong brutal violence throughout, sexual content, nudity and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
-Frequent violence, including the use of guns, weapons, and hand-to-hand combat (blood and detail shown).
- Several scenes of explicit violence depicting shootings, stabbings, fighting, burning and dismemberment.
- Depictions of gruesome deaths (blood and detail shown).
- Frequent disturbing and gory scenes.
-Use of crude sexual references and innuendo.
- Breast and buttock nudity shown in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Implied sexual activity and sexually suggestive scenes.
- Fondling, embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing and vulgar expressions.
- Use of ethno-cultural and sexual slurs.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Brutal Violence, Nudity, Language May Offend.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Violence.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|