Why is Funny People rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Funny People is rated R for for language and crude sexual humor throughout, and some sexuality.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Infrequent hand-to-hand violence (little blood or details shown).
- Breast nudity is seen in a sexual situation.
- Sexual activity is implied.
- Sexual activity is briefly simulated.
- Pervasive use of crude and descriptive sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of ethno-cultural and sexual slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol
- Substance abuse.
- Implied use of an illegal drug in a recreational context.