Why is The Five Year Engagement rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Five Year Engagement is rated R for for sexual content and language throughout.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Two scenes of violence depicting fighting and shooting (some blood shown).
- Occasional gory images.
- Some Scenes may frighten children.
- Two scenes of nudity, depicting buttocks, in non-sexual contexts.
- Use of descriptive, sometimes crude, sexual language and references.
- Sexual innuendo.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Offensive scenes.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Alcohol abuse
|British Columbia||14A||Sexually Suggestive Scenes, Coarse Language.|
|Alberta||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended For Children, Sexual Content, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Nudity, Sexual Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|