Why is The Fighter rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Fighter is rated R for for language throughout, drug content, some violence and sexuality.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayal of hand-to-hand violence and injuries (some blood and details shown).
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Occasional disturbing scenes.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing, kissing and fondling.
- Implied sexual activity, including a depiction of oral sex.
- Portrayals of prostitutes.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Detailed portrayals of illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco use.
- Gritty depiction of addictions.