Why is Escape Plan rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Escape Plan is rated R for for violence and language throughout.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, stabbing, shooting and explosion.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Mild sexual references.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions, crude sexual references, and profanity.
- Ethno-cultural and sexual slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.