Why is Elysium rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Elysium is rated R for for strong bloody violence and language throughout
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, shooting, stabbing, dismemberment, mutilation and explosion.
- Frequent gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence (sometimes involving children),with blood, gore and some detail.
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
Approximately 185 instances of coarse language:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Substance abuse.
|British Columbia||14A||Violence. Coarse Language.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended For Children, Brutal Violence, Disturbing Content, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Graphic Violence.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|