Why is The East rated PG-13?
Official MPAA Rating: The East is rated PG-13 for for thematic elements, violence, some disturbing images, sexual content and partial nudity.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Depictions of beating, stabbing and shooting.
- Infrequent hand-to-hand and weapons violence with no blood or detail.
- Brief portrayal of a corpse.
- Portrayal of animal evisceration with some blood and detail.
- Portrayal of a surgical procedure with some blood and detail.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Brief buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Mild sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent cursing, profanity and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent sexual references, once in the context of a sexual slur.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- References to drugs, alcohol and/or tobacco.