Why is Dredd rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Dredd is rated R for for strong bloody violence, language, drug use and some sexual content.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged depictions of explicit violence, including two scenes of shooting.
- Depictions of torture, beating, shooting, mutilation, burning, dismemberment and decapitation.
- Frequent detailed disturbing scenes.
- Explicit gory and grotesque images.
- Nudity seen in sexual situation.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Two brief portrayals of implied sexual violence (breast nudity and a little detail shown).
- Sexual innuendo.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in non-sexual contexts.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Substance abuse.
- Frequent portrayals of illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Gory, Brutal Violence.|
|Ontario||18A||Brutal Violence, Substance Abuse, Gory Scenes.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|