|Video Release:||16 Apr 2013|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Django Unchained Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Scenes of gory violence depicting shooting, beating, whipping, burning, mutilation and explosion.
- Frequent gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, with blood, gore, and brutal detail.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent disturbing scenes.
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Graphic portrayals of torture and brutality.
- Breasts, buttocks and genitalia nudity seen in non-sexual contexts.
- Sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Pervasive use of ethno-cultural slurs in an historical context.
- Frequent aggressive slurs and sexual references.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.