Why is District 9 rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: District 9 is rated R for for bloody violence and pervasive language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged depictions of explicit violence, including shootings, mutilation and dismemberment
- Frequent gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence (detailed portrayals of blood and gore).
- Detailed depictions of medical procedures (blood shown).
- Brief graphic portrayals of torture.
- Disturbing scenes and grotesque images.
- Use of crude sexual language and references.
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations in non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of profanities, including scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
- Frequent use of ethno-cultural slurs.
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended For Children, Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Violence, Gory Scenes.|
|Quebec||13+||Violence, Vulgar Language.|
|Canadian Home Video|