Why is The Cove rated PG-13?
Official MPAA Rating: The Cove is rated PG-13 for for disturbing content.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of abuses toward animals (some blood and detail shown).
- Four scenes depicting animal slaughter.
- Infrequent descriptions and portrayals of violence towards humans (some involving children).
- Archival footage of people suffering from mercury poisoning (some detail shown).
- Occasional disturbing scenes that may frighten children.
- Verbal references to sexual activity.
- Brief portrayal of sexual activity (no nudity or detail shown).
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity and cursing.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Use of tobacco.
|British Columbia||PG||Scenes of Animal Slaughter.|
|Alberta||PG||DIsturbing Content, Mature Subject Matter.|
|Ontario||PG||Language May Offend, Disturbing Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||PG|