Why is The Counselor rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Counselor is rated R for for graphic violence, some grisly images, strong sexual content and language
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of decapitation, beating and shooting.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons and gun violence with much blood and detail.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Adverse psychological impact.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent detailed references to illegal drug trafficking.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity with some detail and no nudity.
- Infrequent use of detailed sexual language and references.
- Infrequent references to sexual violence with some detail.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in sexual or aggressive contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity and vulgar language.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Substance abuse.
- Scene of drug use involving marijuana.
- Tobacco use.
|British Columbia||14A||Violence, Sexually Suggestive Scenes.|
|Alberta||14A||Sexual Content, Gory Violence, Not Recommended for Children.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended For Young Children, Brutal Violence, Disturbing Content, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Disturbing Content, Graphic Violence.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|