Why is Charlie Bartlett rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Charlie Bartlett is rated R for for language, drug content and brief nudity
Cast: Anton Yelchin, Robert Downey Jr., Hope Davis, Kat Dennings, Tyler Hilton, Jake Epstein.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of bullying, hand-to-hand conflicts and beatings.
- Depiction of an attempted suicide.
- Brief, visually graphic portrayals of violence.
- Sexual innuendo and references.
- Infrequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language.
- Breast nudity in a non-sexual context.
- One sexually suggestive scene not involving nudity.
- Embracing and kissing
- Limited use of slurs (including derogatory references to sexual orientation).
- Coarse language
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of mild and moderate profanities.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Scenes depicting minors abusing prescription drugs.
- Frequent use of tobacco and smoking.