|Video Release:||04 Jan 2011|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Case 39 Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and/or prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Depictions of fighting, stabbing and torture (some involving children).
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent portrayals of emotional and psychological suffering and peril to children.
- Upsetting or disturbing scenes that may cause an extreme adverse psychological impact.
- Mild sexual references.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of cursing and scatological expressions.