Why is Case 39 rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Case 39 is rated R for for violence and terror including disturbing images.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and/or prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Depictions of fighting, stabbing and torture (some involving children).
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent portrayals of emotional and psychological suffering and peril to children.
- Upsetting or disturbing scenes that may cause an extreme adverse psychological impact.
- Mild sexual references.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of cursing and scatological expressions.
|Alberta||14A||Violence, Frightening Scenes|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended For Children, Violence, Disturbing Content.|
|Ontario||14A||Gory Scenes, Disturbing Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|