|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Carrie Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent violence, some self-inflicted, some in a domestic context and most in a supernatural context (blood and some detail shown).
- Frequent portrayals of emotional suffering and psychological distress.
- Several depictions of slapping, beating, stabbing and electrocution.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Brief portrayal of sexual activity with no nudity, but some detail.
- Sexual references.
- Infrequent, sometimes aggressive use of the sexual expletive and variations in non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing, crude sexual language, and vulgar expressions.