Why is The Call rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Call is rated R for for violence, disturbing content and some language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence with some blood and detail.
- Several depictions of beating, stabbing, burning and mutilation.
- Detailed disturbing scenes and grotesque images.
- Several frightening scenes depicting threat, intensity and suspense.
- Infrequent portrayals of corpses with some detail.
-Sexual language and references.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in non-sexual contexts.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use.