Why is Bruno rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Bruno is rated R for for pervasive strong and crude sexual content, graphic nudity and language
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief portrayals of graphic violence.
- Brief portrayals of sexual violence.
- Frequent offensive scenes, which may be physiologically disturbing.
- Pervasive and detailed sexual references, innuendo and crude content.
- Pervasive use of sexual slurs.
- Frequent buttock and male frontal nudity in non-sexual contexts.
- Brief breast, buttock, and female frontal nudity in a sexual context.
- Frequent implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, some in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of profanities, scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of racial slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.
- Brief portrayal of implied illegal drug use.
- One reference to illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
|British Columbia||18A||Sexually Suggestive Scenes.|
|Alberta||18A||Nudity, Crude Sexual Content, Language May Offend|
|Manitoba||18A||Crude Content, Sexual Content, Nudity, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||18A||Coarse Language. Nudity, Sexual Content.|
|Quebec||16+||Vulgar Language, Eroticism.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|