Why is Broken City rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Broken City is rated R for for pervasive language, some sexual content and violence.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with details, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of beating and shooting with some blood and detail shown.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Breast nudity seen in a sexual content.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Five instances of sexual language.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 116 instances of profanity and coarse language, including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in an aggressive or sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, crude sexual references, and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of sexual slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol use and abuse.
- Tobacco use.
|British Columbia||14A||Coarse Language, Sexually Suggestive Scene|
|Alberta||14A||Coarse Language, Violence.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended For Children, Violence, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Violence.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|