Why is The Bling Ring rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Bling Ring is rated R for for teen drug and alcohol use, and for language including some brief sexual references.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Sexual references and language.
- Embracing and kissing.
-Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, vulgar expressions, and mild sexual language.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of illegal drug use for recreational purposes (including marijuana, hash and cocaine).
- Tobacco use.
- Detailed alcohol abuse (involving minors).