Why is The Black Swan rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: The Black Swan is rated R for for strong sexual content, disturbing violent images, language and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Disturbing scenes and intense portrayals of nightmarish images.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent and prolonged violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with blood and details.
- Frequent detailed and bloody portrayals of violence, stabbing and self-mutilation.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Infrequent use of detailed sexual language.
- Embracing, kissing and fondling.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Depictions of sexual relations between a man and woman, oral sex (involving two women), self pleasuring and fondling.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Use of profanity, cursing and scatological slang.
- Limited use of slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Detailed portrayals of illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
- Tobacco use.