|Video Release:||30 May 2011|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is Biutiful Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent, portrayals of corpses, sometimes with gruesome, bloody details.
- Infrequent portrayals of serious medical conditions (blood shown).
- Infrequent portrayals of domestic violence, sometimes involving children.
- Brief portrayals of graphic violence.
- Frequent upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Breast and buttock nudity seen in sexual contexts.
- Implied sexual activity (little detail).
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and cursing.
- Limited use of slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Portrayal of illegal drug use.
- Substance abuse.
- Frequent tobacco use.