Why is American Hustle rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: American Hustle is rated R for for pervasive language, some sexual content and brief violence.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief explicit violence.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Depictions of gun and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and little detail.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Sexual references, language and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Two scenes of nudity (depicting breasts and/or buttocks) in sexual contexts.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with no nudity and little detail.
- Brief portrayal of breast nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and cursing.
- Infrequent use of sexual slurs, vulgar language, and sexual references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent tobacco use.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Scene of drug use involving marijuana.
|British Columbia||14A||Frequent Coarse Language.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended For Children, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content.|
|Quebec||G||Not Recommended For Young Children.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|