Why is 50/50 rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: 50/50 is rated R for for language throughout, sexual content and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Brief portrayal of sexual simulated activity (no nudity, but some detail shown).
- Implied sexual activity
- Frequent crude sexual references and infrequent use of vulgar language.
- References to crude bodily functions in a context of serious illness.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, often in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and mild cursing.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Marijuana use (in a medicinal context).
- Substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.