|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Why Is 300: Rise of an Empire Rated R?
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Explicit depictions of decapitation and dismemberment.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Pervasive portrayals of weapons use and hand-to-hand combat, with details, blood and dismemberment.
- Frequent portrayals of impalement, stabbing, fighting and explosion.
- Scene of sexual assault, with no nudity, but some detail.
- Frequent detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with some detail, and breast and buttock nudity.
- Two scenes of nudity, depicting breasts, in non-sexual contexts.
- Sexual violence.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, once in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.