Posted May 12, 2014 and updated on September 23, 2014
Why is 300: Rise of an Empire rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: 300: Rise of an Empire is rated R for for strong sustained sequences of stylized bloody violence throughout, a sex scene, nudity and some language.
Please Note: We have not viewed this movie. The information below is a summary based on data gathered from government and industry sponsored film classification agencies in various global regions.This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Explicit depictions of decapitation and dismemberment.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Pervasive portrayals of weapons use and hand-to-hand combat, with details, blood and dismemberment.
- Frequent portrayals of impalement, stabbing, fighting and explosion.
- Scene of sexual assault, with no nudity, but some detail.
- Frequent detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with some detail, and breast and buttock nudity.
- Two scenes of nudity, depicting breasts, in non-sexual contexts.
- Sexual violence.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, once in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Gory, Brutal Violence.|
|Manitoba||18A||Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes.|
|Ontario||18A||Brutal Violence, Sexual Content, Gory Scenes.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|