Why is 21 Jump Street rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: 21 Jump Street is rated R for for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, drug material, teen drinking and some violence.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Infrequent hand-to-hand and weapons violence, with some blood and detail shown.
- Depictions of beating, shooting and explosion.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language.
- Brief buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Two scenes of nudity, depicting breasts and buttocks, in sexual contexts.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in an aggressive or sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of profanity, cursing, sexual slurs, and vulgar expressions.
- Use of slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Portrayals of and references to drug use for recreational purposes, with some detail shown.
- Alcohol abuse.