Why is 21 and Over rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: 21 and Over is rated R for for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, some graphic nudity, drugs and drinking.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Depictions of fighting, beating and spanking.
- Infrequent weapons and hand-to-hand violence with some detail.
- One portrayal of coercion.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Nine scenes of nudity, depicting buttocks, breasts and genitalia, in non sexual contexts.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions with some detail.
- Pervasive coarse and crude sexual language.
Approximately 297 instances of coarse language including:.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- frequent use of scatological slang, ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language and references, some in an aggressive context.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- References to drugs, alcohol or tobacco use.
- Substance abuse.
- Detailed alcohol abuse.
- Scene of illegal drug use involving marijuana.